Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We live in a fast paced world that requires us to juggle many responsibilities including our job, our home, families and community involvement. It is no wonder that we may need a little help from time to time. Garland ISD and Beacon Health Options understand the demands and pressures associated with balancing work and home. We are very pleased to provide an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with work/life services and legal and financial consultation.
An EAP is a place to call for confidential assistance for personal issues. Conversations with professional counselors are treated confidentially, with information released only with your permission, in accordance with state and federal law. Whether you are facing challenges of a day-to-day issue or a major life event, the EAP can assist.
You can access EAP professionals over the phone or in person. Professionals can help you address issues such as:
- locating a contractor for home maintenance or repair
- improved interpersonal communications
- marital and family support
- child and elder care needs
- personal growth and development
- stress management and emotional well-being
- legal consultation
- financial consultation, debt management and personal budgets
- education, summer camp and volunteer opportunities
- substance abuse and dependency
- health and wellness
- locating special programs or resources
- your concern about a friend or loved one
- tips and resources for planning a special event
- parenting skills and support
- grief and loss
We hope you and your household members will take advantage of this service and find that the information and service provided helps make life a little easier and much more rewarding.
Speak with a counselor
You also have access to EAP services online through the Achieve Solutions website, which can be accessed on a computer, smart phone or tablet. The site offers a wealth of information and interactive tools and resources on balancing work and family, relationships, and life skills.