The Ready 1:1 program is part of the GISD Ready initiative which aims to transform teaching and learning in GISD classrooms.
High school Ready 1:1 program participation
The Ready 1:1 iPad program is available for all high school students, and families are highly encouraged to participate so that their students can take advantage of this exciting instructional program.
To participate, students and parents must sign and agree to abide by the guidelines and policies as outlined in these documents:
Inspired by the 2014-17 Strategic Plan and funded by the 2014 Bond, Ready 1:1 provided all high school students an iPad in fall of 2016.
By providing a device to students, we want to level the playing field and give each of them a chance to explore new learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage them to be innovative and think creatively. The Ready 1:1 program:
- helps prepare students of today for world of tomorrow
- creates conditions for future success by helping students become the types of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students becomes creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by college and employers
- provides equal access to technology in and out of the classroom
- College and career readiness
- Access to iBooks
- Access to iTunesU including TEA, Pre-AP and AP content downloads
- Teacher proficiency
- Compatible with classroom tools like TI-Nspire calculators and science probes
- Digital resource compatibility
- Lightweight, durable and portable