2015 Book Bytes Book Trailer Contest Winners
- High School 1st Place: Fight created by Carlos Leon
- High School 2nd Place: Clockwork Angel created by Yadira Albarado
- Middle School 1st Place: Found created by Elizabeth Kabuin
- Middle School 2nd Place: Rot and Ruin created by Caitlyn Roseberry
- Elementary School 1st Place: The Spiderwick Chronicles Created by Victoria Jaramillo & McKenna Divelbiss
- Elementary School 2nd Place: Treasure Island Created By Ethan Penney
Librarians...professionals teaching all students skills for life...
The Standards for the 21st Century Learner (published by the American Association of Librarians) forms the core of the Garland ISD library program.
- Reading is a window to the world.
- Inquiry provides a framework for learning.
- Ethical behavior in the use of information must be taught.
- Technological skills are crucial to future employment needs.
- Equitable access is a key component for education.
Learners use skills, resources and tools to
- Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge.
- Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge.
- Share knowledge and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society.
- Pursue personal and aesthetic growth.
Each school has a certified librarian. Visit the campus library web pages to discover the many activities and resources provided by the individual school libraries and to learn more about the student skills, competencies, and proficiencies we focus on at different levels.
For more information about GISD Library Services contact: