2023 and after grade point table
Use this table for grade point information for students who graduate in or after 2023.
Beginning with the 2019-20 school year for the Class of 2023 and the classes after, the Board of Trustees approved the following changes to the EIC local policy to normalize student grade point average (GPA) for students throughout the district.
The changes are:
- Accelerated Math and Science (AMS) college courses will provide grade points
- Middle school students who take high school course will earn grade points for those courses
- Grade point table: All courses that lead to college credit, a professional credential, or specialized program of study will be considered level 4 or 5 courses (see table below)
- Additional Weighted grade points for qualifying Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exam scores:
- AP exam score of 3, 4, or 5: Students will receive 1.5 weighted points to the student's course grade after completion
- IB exam score of 4, 5, or 6: Students will receive 1.5 weight points to the student's course grade after completion
- AP or IB exams completed during the senior year will not provide additional points because not all exam scores can be received prior to HS graduation
For more information on grades, see the Grades/Skyward page.
Grade & Course Type
AP, DC, MST, AMS, Adv. CTE
AP Exam score of 3, 4, or 5
IB/AMS-Specific Advanced courses
| Level 5A|
IB Exam score of 4, 5, or 6
This procedure is designed to reflect differences in grouping levels and determine grade point averages.