Accounting Specialist - Bookkeeper
Under general supervision, perform bookkeeping and maintain district financial records related to the Curtis Culwell Center.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year experience or college course work in accounting-related subjects
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain complete and systematic records of Curtis Culwell Center financial transactions and other assigned accounts.
- Verify and record details of financial transactions in appropriate journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Examine general ledger and subsidiary ledger transactions for accuracy; make corrections as needed and inform supervisor of problems.
- Compute and record cash receipt entries.
- Process purchase orders, check requests, expense reports, warehouse requisitions and other documents as required.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain timesheets for District personnel at the Curtis Culwell Center.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.