Accounting Specialist II - Campus Accounting Liaison
Under general supervision, perform bookkeeping, maintain district financial records, and train campus and department secretaries and accounting clerks.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year experience or college course work in accounting-related subjects
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Receive and process timely all expense transfers, sub ledger corrections and departmental billings. Verify all expense transfers, sub ledger corrections and departmental billings to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Support campus and department based bookkeeping personnel to accurately, effectively and efficiently complete their bookkeeping assignments.
- Maintain complete and systematic records of assigned district financial transactions.
- Verify and record details of financial transactions in appropriate journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Balance general ledger and subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Examine general ledger and subsidiary ledger transactions for accuracy; make corrections as needed and inform supervisor of problems.
- Compute and record cash receipt summaries.
- Transfer funds between accounts as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, income statements, and cost reports to reflect financial condition of district.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Oversee and conduct one-on-one and group trainings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.