Accounting Specialist - Payroll
Under general supervision, perform bookkeeping and maintain district financial records related to payroll costing, expenditures and liabilities.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year experience or college course work in accounting-related subjects
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Experience with Oracle 12 financials applications
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain complete and systematic records of assigned district financial transactions related to payroll costing, expenditures and liabilities.
- Verify and record details of financial transactions in appropriate journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Balance general ledger and subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Examine assigned general ledger and subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Process expense transfers and AP zero invoices for requested costing changes as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, income statements and cost reports to reflect financial condition of district.
- Process and verify job requisitions and enter employee costing.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.