Accounts Payable Clerk
Work under close supervision and follow established procedures to maintain accounting records and process accounts payables according to standard accounting procedures.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year experience or college work in accounting-related subjects
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Receive and process for timely payment all accounts payable invoices, check requests, purchase orders, receipts, and vendor information. Verify invoices and purchase orders to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments as needed.
- Input data into accounting system.
Records and Reports
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, and payment authorizations following district standards and requirements.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain vendor files and set up new accounts and make changes as they occur.
- Work with staff and vendors regarding accounts payable issues.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, and direct calls to the proper party.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.