Accounts Payable Lead
Work under close supervision and follow established procedures to maintain accounting records, process accounts payable according to standard accounting procedures and serve as back up to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED
Three (3) years accounts payable related experience at clerical level
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Receive and process for timely payment all expense reports. Verify expense reports and receipts to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Receive and process for timely payment all travel advances. Verify travel advance request to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Detect and resolve problems with travel advances, expense reports and receipts as needed.
- Input data into accounting system.
Records and Reports
- Prepare correspondence, forms manuals, reports, and payment authorizations following district standards and requirements.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain vendor files and set up new accounts and make changes as they occur.
- Work with staff regarding travel advance and expense report issues.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, and direct calls to the proper party.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.