Administrator, Construction & Environmental Services
Coordinate all construction activities dealing with the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), the District’s Critical Facility and Safety Project Plan and day-to-day Facilities and Maintenance Department construction projects. Oversee construction activities, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, design, and insuring that the GISD Facilities technical design guidelines are followed. Supervises the Environmental Supervisor who is responsible for the design and implementation of proactive policies, assurance standards, and leadership in effectively managing environmental compliance efforts as required by local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
Bachelor’s Degree required with five years’ experience in construction project management, capital improvement planning, construction project management, general maintenance construction, contract administration, procurement of construction services and environmental regulations related to asbestos and mold within a K-12 educational setting.
Certification and/or license as a Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) Asbestos Management Planner, Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Project Designer and Mold Assessor or the ability to obtain such certification/license within six months of employment.
Valid Texas drivers’ license with good driving record
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in construction project management, capital improvement planning, construction project management, general maintenance construction, contract administration, procurement of construction services and environmental regulations related to asbestos and mold within a K-12 educational setting
Minimum of five (5) years’ supervisory experience
Ability to manage personnel
Effective planning and organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous construction projects
Manage construction schedules and budget
Develop Construction Sealed Proposals (CSPs) for GISD Purchasing Department to advertise
Develop and oversee construction contracts with assistance from Purchasing Budget Specialist
Major responsibilities and duties
- Manage and coordinate the construction activities of all contractors working for School Facilities.
- Prepare required plans, specifications, and Board related documents in support of the GISD School Facilities Capital Improvement Program.
- Works with Executive Director of GISD School Facilities, Architects, Engineers and GISD Purchasing Department to develop RFP, CSP and RFQ specifications.
- Initiates and approves contracts and requisitions for the submittal to Executive Director of GISD School Facilities.
- Reviews and writes specifications for goods and services, ensuring compliance of GISD construction standards and state and federal code requirements.
- Assists with preparing and administer the capital improvement budget, analyze and review budget and financial data, and monitor and authorize expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinate all Environmental projects as they relate to implementation of Capital Improvement Plan and School Facility construction projects.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Supervise the Environmental Supervisor
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.