Administrator of Safety & Student Discipline
To ensure the safe and efficient transportation of students through monitoring the effectiveness of drivers and provide administrative support to the transportation department and campuses for improved student discipline.
Master’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Administrator’s Certification
Five (5) years’ experience working with student discipline
Ability to operate a school bus
Excellent organization, communication, team multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, keyboarding, data entry, work processing and file maintenance
Ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively while maintaining composure and responding in an appropriate manner
Ability to manage student behavior and supervise large groups of students
Effective telephone and communication skills
Ability to receive and give written and verbal instructions effectively
Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedures manuals
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ensure compliance with district policies and procedures relating to student ridership and safety procedures.
- Serve as liaison in maintaining good rapport with students, parents, campuses, and community to maximize services and resolve conflicts.
- Promote a positive, safe, caring environment for students while on a school bus.
- Maintain student ridership safety documentation records.
- Review student behavior reports and conduct conferences with parents, students, and drivers on disciplinary issues.
- In conjunction with school administration, enforce student discipline and suspension of riding privileges for any student who violates rules and regulations.
- View bus videos and provide feedback and assistance to facilitate improvement in student conduct on a school bus.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of drivers’ student management through use of bus video and personal observation.
- Conduct investigations and gather information to properly administer the safety program.
- Build, promote, and maintain a supportive and cooperative relationship with students, staff, campuses, parents, and community to maximize services and resolve conflict.
- Monitor and report student misconduct.
- Monitor the effectiveness of bus driver behavior regarding student discipline.
- Notify driver, parents, and school administration of any rider privilege changes due to bus misconduct.
- Assist with driver in-service.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of the school district.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.