Evaluate and provide leadership for the instructional program of the area assigned. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the assigned campuses.
Master’s degree in education administration or related field
Texas Principal Certification
Elementary or Secondary principal experience required
Three years experience as a classroom teacher
Five years experience in instructional leadership roles
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Instructional and Program Management
- Direct instructional and curriculum services to meet students’ needs.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate instructional programs with teachers and principals, including learning objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment techniques.
- Involve instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs.
- Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of education goals.
- Ensure that district goals and objectives are developed using collaborative processes and problem-solving techniques when appropriate.
- Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals and objectives and major instructional programs of the district.
- Actively support the efforts of others to achieve district goals and objectives and campus performance objectives (academic excellence indicators).
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Administer assigned educational budgets and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Review and approve all assigned campus budgets based on documented campus needs.
- Evaluate job performance of assigned principals and other assigned staff to ensure effectiveness.
- Provide for two-way communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community.
- Demonstrate skill in conflict resolution with administrators, parents, teachers, staff, and community.
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy, and curriculum implementation strategies to the community and solicit its support in realizing district’s mission.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned principals and other assigned staff in the curriculum department.
To meet the executive exemption test, the primary duty must be management and the employee must supervise at least two full-time employees.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.