Assistant Director Custodial Department
Direct and oversee the management of operations in the Custodial Department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
High School diploma/GED with 10 years management and supervisory experience in maintenance or custodial operations
TASBO certification preferred
Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record
Three (3) years’ supervisory experience in maintenance/custodial operations
Five (5) years’ experience in maintenance/custodial in a school district setting
Computer experience in processing documents and record maintenance
Demonstrated knowledge of custodial operation requirements for a large, multi-site organization
Demonstrated knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures
Demonstrated knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
Demonstrated ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards
Demonstrated effective public relations and communications skills, both orally and in written form
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Manages the custodial services including personnel management, training and procurement.
- Performs planning and develops strategies to accomplish the Custodial Department mission.
- Implements strategies that will achieve the overall success in accomplishing desired quality performance standards.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain operations data.
- Provides technical expertise in custodial areas specific to educational and health center facilities.
- Integrates the Custodial Department goals with District operations.
- Provides administrative consultation and technical assistance to the assigned divisions and to the District.
- Review and revise procedures and assignments as required to meet the goals of the District.
- Develop and review annual operating budgets; determine requirements for personnel, supplies, materials and equipment, monitor expenditures to ensure consistency with departmental objectives and compliance with established budgets.
- Monitor and evaluate personnel to ensure project completion, technical accuracy and compliance with code requirements, and adherence to departmental and district policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards.
- Directly supervises assigned staff.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.