Assistant Director, Data and Administrative Systems
To plan and develop activities related to the integration of software programs and applications into the Student Information System and district databases. Provide troubleshooting and application analysis for user support. Serve as liaison among business process and systems changes related to document digitization and document-driven business processes.
Master’s Degree, preferred
Experience with SIS as well as the associated internal and external tools
Experience with large systems integrations
Working knowledge of database query logic (SQL)
Working knowledge of database reporting tools (Crystal Reports)
Working with diverse teams to achieve common goals
Experience with development and reporting functions for large organization databases, public school district organizations, preferred
Minimum two (2) years with business process implementation experience, required
Minimum three (3) years of experience preparing business analysis artifacts such as Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), Use Case Specifications, or similar requirements documents, preferred
Knowledge and experience in the Texas K-12 Public Education System
Demonstrated ability to facilitate and conduct business process reviews and fit/gap analyses
Experience with gathering requirements and working with technical staff to develop technical designs
Experience with ECM, Document Management, Records Management, Business Process Applications, and/or Collaborations solutions with demonstrable experience of business case preparation and solution implementation
Extensive knowledge about student information system components, including teacher gradebook, grading and reporting, scheduling, etc.
Ability to manage student information systems (SIS) and Applications
Ability to provide technical support for paraprofessional and professional staff suing the student information system components
Strong communications and interpersonal skills
Experience with SQL preferred
Experience with developing and scripting a plus
Major responsibilities and duties
Enterprise Content Management
- Work closely with District stakeholders to streamline business processes and solve operational issues through the use of ECM Workflow technology and process redesign.
- Ongoing identification and prioritization of business processes as project candidates for digital transformation.
- Gather, analyze, understand, document, and communicate requirements across cross-functional project teams.
- Create and maintain documentation including functional and technical design specifications.
- Participate I the design, build and implementation of Document Management solutions to address business requirements and bridge the gap between “business problems” and “technology solutions”.
- Establish timelines and delegate tasks to process End of Year and establish all campus and district configurations for each new school year.
- Manage SIS vendor addendums and releases by assigning staff to test and report in alternate environments before scheduling the upgrade in the production system with the external hosting vendor.
- Manage configuration changes and reporting needed throughout the school year, specifically related to choice of school and next year school assignments.
Data Integrations (Imports and Exports)
- Organize and delegate responsibilities for each integration by developing specifications, timeline, workflow, and ongoing reporting.
- Build and maintain schedule of import/export routines to balance the impact on the district queue.
Special Development or Reporting Projects
- Partner with other department staff to develop needs assessment for projects in specific areas.
- Establish timelines and delegate tasks so that project results can be documented in a timely manner.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of information management and technology.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Develop training options and improvement plans for technical analyst staff to ensure exemplary operations in the student information system areas.
- Train and supervise personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, and dismissal.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovations in student information systems and the related components, System Configurations.
- ECM Technical Analysts
- Data and Administrative Systems Technical Analysts
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.