Assistant Director Network and Communications Infrastructure
Oversee and mange Server/Application and Communications/Infrastructure teams. Serve as the district’s cybersecurity coordinator and liaison between the district and the Texas education Agency (TEA) in cybersecurity matters. Create a Customer Care focused Department that is in tune with the instructional needs of the district. Administer the E-rate program. Focus on network security with the aim of protecting student and business data and defending the technical environment from cyber threats.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or Information Technology
Certificate(s) in information systems, cyber security or Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent, preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience in education with a focus on Technology, 10 years preferred
Experience in the implementation of security measures for computer and information systems
Experience with multiple operating systems and network protocols
Team and project supervisory experience
E-rate experience preferred
Regulatory compliance issues, as well as best practices in systems, network, and cyber security
Knowledge of security standards and compliance requirements
Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
Understanding of computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware systems software, applications software and configurations
Ability to identify areas of vulnerability of web-based systems
Ability to develop computer or information security policies and procedures
Experience with testing of computer system operations
Ability to work with multiple operating systems and network protocols
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated history of advanced customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated history of leadership with multi-million dollar, customer facing projects and systems spanning the entire enterprise
IT Project Management and enterprise technology implementation
Capacity to promote and follow Board of Education and Superintendent policies and school and department processes
Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
Recognition of the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain a reliable and high performing network and communications systems infrastructure that meets the needs of the students, teachers, staff and community of GISD.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of security measures for all systems and networks.
- Oversee testing of computer systems security to ensure continual and consistent district-wide cyber security.
- Oversee the monitoring processes of districtwide network security.
- Meet or exceed all metrics related to network and communications systems infrastructure within all schools and GISD locations.
- Collaborate and provide an escalation/problem support (level 2 & 3) for the support area to resolve network related and customer issues and problems within Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Analyze complex business needs presented by schools and administrative departments, and develop and implement technical solutions.
- Present technology and network solutions to executive management.
- Develop and implement school district standards and specifications for networks and communications systems infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans with recovery time objectives (RTO) that ensure district operations and access to data are available in a minimal time.
- Develop and maintain a cybersecurity framework for the securing of district cyberinfrastructure against cyberattacks and other cybersecurity incidents; and cybersecurity risk assessment and mitigation planning.
- Report any cyber-attacks, attempted cyber-attacks, or other cybersecurity incidents against the district’s cyberinfrastructure to executive management and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Provide high-performing network access measured by KPIs to the Internet and GISD network services.
- Prepare and maintain E-Rate related projects and budgets as well as other grant-related
- Develop and manage budget for area based on documented needs, ensure that operations are cost-effective, and available funds are managed wisely.
- Prepare, review and revise all job descriptions in the network and communications systems area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Actively maintain a culture of shared leadership with other TIS Directors.
- Foster a culture of accountability so that all TIS staff know what they need to achieve in order to be considered successful.
- Provide appropriate autonomy to lead technical experts, while holding them accountable for overall success of their subsystems and projects.
- Help to create a growth path for all staff through such efforts as peer-to-peer mentoring and cross-training, while also incentivizing staff to engage in vendor/industry training seminars and accredited continuing education programs.
- Lead Network Engineers (2), Network Engineers (2). System Field Engineers (3), Network Administrator, MAN/WAN Specialist, Systems Analyst Developer, Mobile Technology Administrator, Mobile Technology Assistant, Field Service Software Specialists-Help Desk (3)
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.