Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus. Under close supervision, perform data entry including attendance, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data, and grades.
High school diploma or GED
Two (2) years data entry experience
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets and databases, and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
Records and Reports
- Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into established database and verify accuracy according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintain student records and process requests for student information and transcripts. Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records form other schools.
- Assist parents, student, and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
- Contact parents/guardians to verify student absences as needed and report attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Compile, maintain, file, and distribute all reports, records, and other documents as required following established procedures.
- Assist in campus office as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.