Audio Visual Technician
Provide support for technical equipment for events and district audio-visual solutions.
High school diploma or GED required
Good driving record and valid state driver’s license required; must be able to meet requirements to drive a GISD vehicle
Multilingual in English/Spanish (or other languages) preferred
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in similar work involving set-ups and take downs for facility events
Demonstrate knowledge of equipment components and audio-visual practices as applied to the convention center, arena, conference room, and classroom
industry, including set-up, operation, application, and maintenance
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provides full life cycle technical support for events in district facilities and district presentations in external venues. Serves as the technical liaison with end users and host providers to ensure audio-visual needs are compatible, in working order, and properly taken down and stored or removed.
- Operate audio-visual equipment, stage lighting, teleconferencing, and other “high tech” equipment not suited for direct use by users or as needed.
- Sets up AV equipment, telephones, and runs data lines, interfaces lines with various equipment, operates mixers, and other similar devices as needed and instruct and monitors other’s use of event equipment.
- Repairs and maintains identified technology equipment within the district.
- Provides technical support to end-users as needed.
- Returns equipment to the shop area for repair as needed in a timely manner.
- Provides technical assistance and advice in decisions and recommendations made by the Technology Department.
- Functions as a productive member of the Technology team.
- Follows district and department procedures.
- Work irregular schedule and/or overtime hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays; or some split shifts with approval of their supervisor and based on the needs of the district.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.