Auto Claims Specialist
Analyze and control liability and fleet claims by using loss control techniques to minimize and reduce their frequency and severity.
Texas Claim Adjusters License
A.R.M., C.S.R.M., or TASBO Certification preferred
Minimum of three (3) years of successful claims adjusting and/or other relevant safety experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to interpret insurance policies and coverages, i.e. fleet, property and liability
Knowledge of legal procedures, mediations and settlements
Knowledge of State and Federal Law pertaining to DOT drug testing & motor vehicle law
Ability to prepare and present safety programs to employees in an effective manner
Ability to track claim information, expenses and liability exposure
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop, coordinate and/or facilitate safety and risk management training for GISD’s vehicle fleet, both white fleet and school busses.
- Coordinate information and claims with the insurance companies.
- Investigate vehicle accidents on scene by photos, information and videos to help decide liability.
- Develop, maintain, and administer GISD’s and DOT’s drug policy
- Investigate, coordinate, and manage property and liability claims against GISD.
- Coordinate and control litigation on claims with attorneys and insurance carriers.
- Assess motor vehicle records and coordinate information.
- Reduce expenses due to fewer claims in either fleet, property or liability.
- Track loss history to help implement changes in procedures.
- Prepare, promote, present and conduct safety programs to district employees at all levels of the district.
- Assist Director of Risk Management with fleet insurance bids, deductibles and coverages.
- Interact with the cities and public to help implement safer conditions on our campuses.
- Convene and manage accident review committees.
- Be involved in professional risk management organizations and serve as a resource for other school districts on risk issues.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Knowledge of state and federal law pertaining to DOT drug testing & motor vehicle law.
- Knowledge of legal procedures, mediations and settlements.
- Knowledge of GISD Board Policies.
- Knowledge of Texas Torts Immunity Act.
- Knowledge of insurance company claim procedures.
- Provide input on amounts for safety programs, insurance deductibles and plans for DOT expenses, i.e. drug tests, and physicals.
- Manage programs with drivers, input on hiring and termination processes.
- Mange CDL rules and regulations.
- Check on driving records and make appropriate recommendations.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.