AVID Elementary Coordinator
Coordinate AVID campus support through training, guidance, and coaching. Support Program Manager in implementing the AVID system in elementary schools.
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Valid Texas Administrator Certificate
Three (3) years’ elementary teaching experience
Ability to provide instructional leadership and organizational assistance
Knowledge of AVID essentials, components, and practices
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate workshops for AVID Elementary teachers and administrators
- Assists in the coordination of Path and other district-wide AVID training
- Coordinates AVID classroom observations and coaching of AVID teachers at each site.
- Assists AVID Site Teams in facilitating progress towards goals identified in the Site Team Plans and Certification Self-Study.
- Works with AVID Elementary Program Manager to meet with each principal to promote administrative support for and institutionalizing of the AVID system.
- Coordinates use of resources in the district that are available to monitor progress and success of district AVID programs.
- Assists in the collection of data as guided by the national AVID Center.
- Assists Elementary Program Manager in coordinating and/or facilitating district AVID events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory financial reports to TEA.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.