AVID Program Manager
Oversee the implementation of the AVID system in elementary and secondary schools. Monitor and provide campus support of AVID through workshops, guidance, coaching and supervision of training.
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Valid Texas Administrator Certificate
Three (3) years teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development at the district level
Experience in providing leadership, organizational and management assistance to AVID schools
Successful teaching and administrative experience
Minimum three years elementary teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development
Collaborating with administrative personnel
Ability to provide instructional leadership and organizational assistance
Strong knowledge of AVID essentials, components, and practices
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Understanding of federal compliance and budget management
Major responsibilities and duties
- Supervises and guides workshops for AVID Elementary teachers and administration.
- Supervises and guides workshops for AVID Secondary teachers, coordinators and administrators.
- Leads AVID team in coordinating Path and other district-wide AVID training.
- Monitors program implementation and ensures system requirements are met annually, including meeting requirements for annual certification for elementary and secondary campuses.
- Supervises and guides AVID classroom observations and coaching of AVID teachers at each site for elementary and secondary campuses.
- Oversees the development and implementation process for Summer Institute planning, participation, and site team meetings for elementary and secondary campuses.
- Meets with campus principals to promote administrative support for and institutionalizing of the AVID system.
- Establishes and manages the budget for the elementary and secondary AVID programs.
- Coordinates use of resources in the district that are available to monitor progress and success of district AVID programs.
- Oversees the collection of data; coordinator meetings; and the hiring, training, and observations for tutors.
- Oversees preparations for existing and emerging AVID national Demonstration sites with validation, re-validation, and showcases.
- Oversees AVID Summer Bridge Program.
- Establishes and guides all professional development for elementary and secondary AVID campuses in conjunction with district goals/objectives and with district curriculum and other district programs.
- Coordinates communication with national AVID Center regarding contracts, planning, campus certification and training.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation and facilitation of long-range district AVID plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory financial reports to TEA.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Supervises and evaluates Elementary Coordinator and Title I Bookkeeper.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.