AVID Secondary Program Manager
Oversee the implementation of the AVID system in secondary schools. Monitor and provide campus support of AVID through workshops, guidance, coaching and supervision of training.
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Valid Texas Administrator Certificate
Three years teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development at the district level
Experience in providing leadership, organizational and management assistance to AVID schools
Successful teaching and administrative experience
Minimum three (3) years secondary teaching experience
Experience in delivering staff development
Collaborating with administrative personnel
Ability to provide instructional leadership and organizational assistance
Strong Knowledge of AVID Essentials, components, and practices
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Understanding of budget management
Major responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate workshops for AVID secondary teachers, coordinators and administrators.
- Coordinates Path and other district-wide AVID training.
- Monitors the implementation of AVID to ensure system requirements are met annually in preparation for certification of each campus.
- Coordinates AVID classroom observations and coaching of AVID teachers at each site.
- Coordinates Site Team participation in I Summer Institute and leads institute planning meetings for secondary campuses.
- Assists AVID Site Teams in facilitating progress towards goals identified in the Site Team Plans and Certification Self-Study with submission to the AVID Center.
- Meets with campus principals to promote administrative support for institutionalizing of the AVID system.
- Coordinates the collection of secondary data as guided by the National AVID Center.
- Assists with implementation and facilitation of long-range district AVID plans.
- Acts as a liaison between AVID Center and individual AVID sites as required.
- Collaborate with the Elementary team to ensure vertical articulation of AVID grade standards throughout our District.
- Develops social media and printed material to communicate Secondary AVID implementation in the District.
- Provides monthly AVID Coordinator meetings to support the secondary campuses and site teams.
- Coordinates preparations for existing and emerging AVID National demonstration sites with Validation and Re-validation and Showcases.
- Coordinates the hiring and training of AVID tutors at secondary campuses, completes tutorial observations and provides support for tutors and Tutorial process.
- Coordinates AVID elective classroom observations and coaching/training/support of AVID elective teachers at each site.
- Coordinates with middle school campuses in the selection of students, organization, implementation and training of teachers for the AVID Summer Bridge program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Policy, Reports, and the Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory financial reports to TEA.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Supervises and evaluates AVID secretary.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.