Responsible for inspecting, replacing, and repairing any minor problems associated with the equipment in each high school.
High school diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
Three (3) years general maintenance experience
HVAC and boiler experience preferred
One year computer experience preferred (Vocational training will be considered)
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in harmony with others.
- Completes assignments in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Assign and monitor tasks for Assistant Building Engineer.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies, tools and equipment.
- Performs daily inspections of building systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance repairs.
- Maintains and files logs of equipment operations.
- Monitors water treatment system and maintains log reports.
- Schedule and replace air filters.
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical repairs and assists Plumbers and Electricians when needed.
- Performs minor repairs to lockers, doors and related equipment.
- Performs repairs to floor covering, tile and cove base.
- Paint and repair wall surfaces.
- Repairs tennis court screens, nets and fences.
- Assists HVAC technician in repairs when needed.
- Monitors sprinkler systems and condition of grass/shrubs.
- Coordinates with contract service companies.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.