Campus Support Coach
Work collaboratively with campus and district staff to provide services and support which will ensure a quality educational program for the district’s learners who are eligible for special education services, based on federal and state standards and sound instructional practices.
Master’s degree Preferred
Valid Texas Teacher Certification in Special Education
Professional development presentation experience preferred
Three years of outstanding special education teaching experience
Experience using critical thinking, problem solving and logical thinking
Ability to dig deeper to ask the right questions to fully understand and define a problem
Decision making and the ability to defend that decision with evidence and logic
Effective written, oral, expressive and electronic communications
Expertise in collaboration, leadership and teamwork
Experience using time and resource management
Proper, advanced and ethical use of technology and intellectual property
Proficiency with technology including multi-media technology
Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
Major responsibilities and duties
Instructional and Program Management
- Provide support to campuses to raise student achievement of special education students, including training teachers on the use of interventions and analyzing student data to identify strengths and needs.
- Work in conjunction with the Curriculum and Instructional Department to facilitate the development, refinement, and implementation of accommodations and modifications to curriculum and related assessments to meet the academic needs of students eligible for special education services.
- Serve as an instructional resource for principals, counselors, and teachers, for District initiatives and programs.
- Plan, promote, and provide professional development that will improve instructional skills, including accommodations and modifications and state assessment decisions.
- Regularly visit classrooms and model effective differentiated instructional strategies and lessons for teachers.
- Assist in the process for the selection of instructional materials, visual media, and instructional software.
- Participate in the evaluation of programs and instructional strategies.
- Demonstrate support for the district’s student management policies and expected student behavior related to special education program.
- Assist in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of special education staff and assist in making recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
Communication and Community Relations
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.
- Articulate the district’s mission and goals in the area of special education to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of district-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.