Campus Support Technician
Provide a single point of contact for all campus staff to assist and resolve problems relating to computer and mobile device-related services. Responsible for campus technology support, technology problem evaluation, and management of technology-related work orders.
High School Diploma or GED
Two (2) years’ work experience in a technical support position
Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows and iOS)
Knowledge of district software applications
Ability to detect and resolve technical or technology-related problems
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Receive phone calls/email and assist end-users to resolve problems and utilize district software.
- Work cooperatively with end-users to detect and resolve hardware problems.
- Work cooperatively with end-users to encourage understanding and use of good computing practices.
- Communicate with appropriate department personnel to detect and resolve end-user problems with internally developed applications and database management.
- Process technology-related work orders and manage the priority of work orders related to department goals.
- Evaluate and recommend technology-related repairs and costs to campus administrator.
Records and Reports
- Maintain work order records and use data to identify areas for improvement including training and maintenance support.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, inventories and records required of technology department.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Must remain certified with the appropriate vendor to service computers.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, state board of education rule and local board policy.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.