Oversee the daily cash management, accounts receivable and district travel activities while following the laws of the State of Texas, the regulations of the Texas Education Agency and the Public Funds Investment Act.
Bachelor’s degree with major emphasis in accounting or finance or verifiable experience
CPA and TASBO Certification preferred
Cash management, cash flow analysis and investment experience preferred
School or government accounting experience preferred
Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel
Possess excellent communications, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
Major responsibilities and duties
- Invest funds with compliance to the PFIA and all federal, state and local policies and monitor local investment policy for compliance.
- Responsible for daily cash management activities and collateral levels.
- Responsible for banking relations, resolving banking issues and depository agreements.
- Preparation of quarterly investment reports and reports for annual investment meeting, maintaining investment portfolio and monitoring monthly cash expenditure projections.
- Manage and maintain on line bank access, bank software and investment portfolio software.
- Assists in preparing information for the external auditors.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.