Giving families the unique opportunity to customize education, Garland ISD’s Choice of School program is like none other. Our families can attend any campus in the district, regardless of where they live. In an effort to ensure all families have ample time to consider and make their choices, as well as receive earlier notifications, we are extending this year’s Choice of School and magnet application window. Opening Dec. 9, see the full calendar below.
Complete Choice of School forms and magnet applications via Skyward Family Access. New students are also encouraged to enroll through Skyward during selection periods. For families with Pre-K and kindergarten students, the Choice of School and magnet application window opens March 20.
For details, visit the Choice of School page on the district website.
- Dec. 9 - Grades 1–12 Choice of School and magnet application opens
- Jan. 11 - Grades 1–12 magnet application closes
- Jan. 24 - Grades 1–12 magnet program parent notification
- Jan. 27 - Grades 1–12 Choice of School closes
- Feb. 3 - Grades 1–12 magnet seat acceptance deadline
- Feb. 10 - Grades 1–12 Choice of School notification
- March 20 - Pre-K/Kinder Choice of School and magnet application opens
- March 21 - #ChooseGarlandISD Day
- March 23 - Pre-K/Kinder magnet application closes
- April 17 - Pre-K/Kinder Choice of School closes
- April 24 - Pre-K/Kinder magnet program parent notification
- May 1 - Pre-K/Kinder magnet seat acceptance deadline
- May 18 - Pre-K/Kinder Choice of School notification