Using the Skyward Gradebook (draft)
Skyward Gradebook is a hub for information related to your student's classes.
In Skyward Gradebook, you can:
- view grades
- find class information
- see the teacher email
- find assignments
- view student GPA and class rank
Need to know when grades will be posted? See our grade-reporting page.
Accessing the gradebook
In order to view the gradebook, you need a Skyward Family Access account.
- Log into your Skyward Family Access Account.
- If more than one student is associated with the account, click the down arrow next to All Students and select a specific student. The Gradebook will not open if "All Students" is selected.
- Once a student is selected, click the Gradebook button.
See below for details about the information available in Skyward Gradebook.
Click on the course name to display detailed class information such as:
- Department, section and subject
- Course length and credits
- Curriculum and course grade level
- Teacher, room number and class period
- Start date, end date and the day(s) and time(s) the course meets
Click on the teacher's name to display the teacher’s Garland ISD email address.
Gradebook lets you view details about your child's classes, including the coursework breakdown, specific assignments, assignment grades and weight.
To get the most detail, click on a specific grade. This will display a list of assignments with information including:
- date assigned and due date
- grade, score percentage and points earned
- assignment category (classwork, homework, participation, tests)
- max points and grade weight
To see fewer details, click the down arrow next to course name. This will display a list of assignments with information about due date and assignment grade.
Clicking on an assignment name will let you see more information about it.
Click on the Display Options link to set screen preferences such as:
- show subjects
- show skills
- show assignments
You can also choose which grades to display:
- all grades
- current grades only
- previous and current grades only
Click the GPA/Class Rank link to display details of the last class rank including:
- GPA type
- cumulative GPA
- cumulative earned credits and failed credits
- rank and rank date