Contracts and procurement
This page provides an overview of our contracts and procurement data in accordance with the Texas Comptroller Transparency Stars program. Suppliers looking for current bid opportunities and related information may want to go directly to the How to do business with us section of our website.
How competitive solicitations are communicated
Our purchasing department recognizes the need to ensure the transparency of all procurement activity to taxpayers and suppliers. To support this, competitive solicitations are:
- posted on the district website
- listed with the Texas Comptroller's Electronic State Business Daily Search
- advertised in the local newspaper as required by law
Suppliers listed in the district procurement system also receive email notifications of new solicitations (if subscribed), using our web-based bidding system.
Board of Trustee meetings are broadcast live so as many citizens as possible can view the contract approvals as they happen. Pending and awarded contracts are then listed publicly on the district website. Interested suppliers may schedule a meeting with purchasing department staff if they would like to know the rationale of why the contract was awarded to a competitor. They may also be provided with a list of areas in which they might improve to help their chances of securing future opportunities.
Contracts and procurement summary
For the 2019-20 fiscal year, the district opened 87 and closed 83 competitive solicitations. The District received bids and RFP’s that valued $82,215,198 and 245 vendors received an award.
|School Year||Student Count||Annual Expenditure Amounts||Expenditure Per Student||Number of Posted Solicitations||Number of Closed Solicitations||Authorizations|
Authorizations vs. expenditures time trend graph
Amounts awarded by contract by business sector
Related documents and reference materials
- Current bid documents and open contracting opportunities
- Intent to award documents (available via agendas in Board Book)
- Awarded competitively bid contracts and closed solicitations (Bid Tabulations)
- Vendor registration forms and/or guide (How to do business with us)
- Purchasing Procedure Manual
- Glossary of procurement terms
- Check registers are available on the Traditional Finances page
- Texas Education Agency Module 5 Purchasing Resource Guide
- Texas Education Code §44.031 Purchasing Contracts
- Texas Government Code§2254 Professional Service Contracts
- Texas Government Code §2269 Construction Contracts