Coordinate the accurate collection and reporting of District Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data within the TEA timelines/guidelines.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or five (5) years related professional experience with PEIMS
Experience with public school district student information systems preferred
Experience in PEIMS Collection methods
Experience in Student Information/Financial Management/HR Software
Experience developing training materials
Experience in providing training to large and small groups
Extensive knowledge of the PEIMS Data Standards
Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records and complete tasks in a timely manner
Extensive knowledge of the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook and the TEC Chapter 37 guidelines
Strong communication, public relations and interpersonal skills as well as creative and collaborative problem solving skills
Work habits include being organized, reliable, flexible, and punctual, a self-starter
Major responsibilities and duties
PEIMS Data Collection and Reporting
- Coordinate the collection, integration, and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to PEIMS Data Standards.
- Submit all required data files to the state for the submission of fall, mid-year, summer and extended year programs reports.
- Run edits, reports and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information, then distribute edits and reports to appropriate staff for analysis, verification, and correction.
- Coordinate the collection of all data from Finance and HR management systems as they relate to PEIMS.
Other Required Data Collection and Reporting
- Responsible for Data quality in compliance with Performance Based Monitoring.
- Oversee PID reporting; (Personal Identification Database) error percentage standards as described in the PEIMS Data Standards and oversee PET reporting (PID enrollment tracking) as required by TEA PEIMS.
Training and Support
- Responsible for developing training materials, train and monitor district personnel in areas related to PEIMS compliance.
- Responsible for training staff on Texas and Federal laws and procedures in Discipline Management and Reporting as described in the PEIMS Data Standards.
- Responsible for training staff on Texas and federal Limited English Proficiency Data Management laws and procedures as described in the PEIMS Data Standards.
- Oversee TREx training and monitor campus personnel on TREx submissions.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of information management and technology.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with the district standards for Texas and Federal attendance accounting laws and procedures in the Texas Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
- Comply with the District standards for Federal enrollment laws and procedures in The Texas Student Attendance Accounting Handbook and the PEIMS Data Standards.
Budget and Inventory
- Monitor the Data and Administrative Systems budget and ensure that expenditures are cost-effective and prioritized.
- Submit budget requests and cost estimates based upon documented needs.
- Develop training options and improvement plans for PEIMS staff to ensure exemplary operations in the student information system areas.
- Train and supervise PEIMS personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, and dismissal.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovations in student information systems and the related components.
- Directly supervise district PEIMS staff and provide input in the evaluation of the campus and technology department staff responsible for the student information system support, training, and helpdesk operations.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.