Coordinator Technology Digital Learning
The Digital Learning Coordinator will oversee and support the planning, delivery, and implementation of a sustainable high-quality digital learning instructional model at the elementary and secondary level. The coordinator will establish and oversee implementation of focused, data-driven instruction to improve student achievement. The coordinator will also monitor and provide campus and district support for digital learning via workshops, coaching, and supervision of training.
Master’s degree in education or subject-related field
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Principal or mid-management certification (completed or in-progress)
Five (5) years’ experience as a K-12 educator
Experience in designing and facilitating professional learning and/or training workshops at the district and campus levels
Experience in designing and creating professional development for digital learning based on identified competencies
Experience managing digital environments, including hardware and software configurations, on a variety of platforms and devices
Coaching experience preferred
Strong knowledge of digital learning essentials, components, best practices and competencies
Deep understanding of balancing technology integration with instructional strategies and state standards
Knowledge of best practices and developments in educational research and technologies
Knowledge of best and logical strategies and practices for innovation
Excellent written and oral communication skill, reflecting a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders
Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills
Ability to adapt well to change, apply new solutions to rapidly-changing expectations
Initiate work with minimal supervision and direction
Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to scale district-wide implantation plans
Understanding of federal compliance and budget management
Major responsibilities and duties
- Direct a cross-functional team to develop a comprehensive plan that formulates, develops, promotes, implements, and evaluates a high quality and sustainable digital learning initiative on a district scale.
- Coordinate and design a support framework to manage digital learning at campuses to ensure fidelity of personalized learning implementation campus-wide and district-wide.
- Work with curriculum coordinators and teachers to provide teacher-friendly and useful digital learning curriculum supports.
- Coordinate the development, implementation campus-wide and district-wide.
- Analyze data in order to monitor effectiveness, recommend and implement changes and/or adjustments to digital learning initiatives.
- Prepare high-quality reports (e.g., timelines, status reports, implementation plans) and ensure timely submission to appropriate personnel.
- Plan for facilitate digital learning leadership team meetings regularly
- Supervise and guide digital learning classroom observations, walkthroughs and coaching of 1:1 coaches and DL support team members at each site for elementary and secondary campuses.
- Meet with campus principals to promote administrative support for institutionalizing digital learning.
- Keep up to date with emerging research on digital learning as well as potential policy implications based on proposed vision.
- Remains current in professional practices ad developments, educational technologies, and research.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Develop and manage the project budget to ensure appropriate use of funds in support of project goals.
- Establish and manage the budget for the elementary and secondary blended learning programs.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises the Digital Learning team and 1:1 Ready coaches.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.