Our counselors work with staff, students, parents and the community to provide developmental assistance to students. They are dedicated to promoting a positive school environment and improving the academic achievements of all students. Counselors help eliminate barriers to success by facilitating access to information, resources and support services appropriate to each student's needs.
Counselors assist students in planning, monitoring, and understanding their own educational and personal development. They play an important role in helping students explore academic options and transition from one grade level to the next.
They also provide individual and group counseling for students whose personal concerns or problems put their personal, social, career and/or educational development at risk.
Counselors direct many campus activities and help promote district activities.
- Cybersafety and Red Ribbon week
- Elementary College Expo
- Middle School Expo
- High school orientation
- College Day and College Night events
- SAT/ACT Prep Workshops.
- College financial aid workshops
Elementary school character education
Character education plays an important part in developing responsible students who have a motivation to achieve. Our elementary school program is centered around six positive character traits:
Counselors use character education to teach young students valuable skills that help them interact and communicate with others, solve problems and make good decisions.
College and career planning
Counselors at the middle and high school levels play an important role in helping students with career exploration and planning for college and/or a career.
Counselors help students:
- identify and develop broad career options through flexible individual graduation plans
- reevaluate and revise graduation plans based on their developing interests, talents, and aptitudes
- explore careers that are nontraditional for their gender
- acquire information about current and emerging careers, including employment data and projections
- prepare for high-skill, high-wage careers
- learn about financial aid opportunities for postsecondary education and training