COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-22
Find COVID-related protocols for this school year.
Garland ISD guideline updates
The following changes have been made to the 2021-22 Garland ISD protocols:
- Staff and parents will self-screen students, including bused students, for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Playground equipment will be accessible to all students during recess.
While there will be less restrictive recess guidelines, hand sanitizer will be utilized upon exit and entry.
- Field trips will be allowed for the 2021-22 school year.
- COVID-19 rapid testing will be available for symptomatic students and those exposed on campus.
- The daily antimicrobial misting of district facilities will continue.
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan
For full details about procedures and safety requirements that have been created for the well-being of students, staff and visitors, see: