COVID-19 & school operations
Use this page as a starting point to see status updates/announcements, resources and other information about school operations impacted by COVID-19.
Updates and announcements
6/4/21 Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Survey
Dear GISD Students, Staff, and Families:
We are looking forward to a successful 2021-2022 school year. With that in mind, we would love for input moving forward with our next year’s safety protocols.
Please take a minute to look the Return to In-Person Instruction & Continuity of Services Plan linked below, which outlines the revised safety protocols for returning to school in the fall. Please share with your child. We would love for students to have a voice in this process as well.
- Garland ISD’s Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan -English
- Garland ISD’s Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan-Spanish
After you look it over, please use this survey to provide input on Continuity of Services plan and give us some feedback. We value your opinion!
5/26/21 Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) food benefits
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) provides food benefits to families with enrolled students (up to 21 years of age) who temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals for the 2020–2021 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is Eligible?
- Students who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). If your child is not attending a CEP school or not currently on SNAP (food stamp) benefit, and you believe that you may qualify for free or reduced-priced meals, please submit a 2020-2021 Free and Reduced lunch application no later than 6/8/2021 using the mealapp link.
- Students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) school that offers free meals to all students.
- Children born after August 1, 2014, in families who received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits for atleast one month between October 2020 and June 2021
You may find more information regarding P-EBT at hhs.texas.gov
You may call the P-EBT Call Center at 833-442-1255, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. Central time if you have further question regarding P-EBT.