Crossing Guard Job Fair
Join the City of Garland team with a rewarding job opportunity.
- 1 - 1:45 p.m. - Informational session
- 1:45 - 4 p.m. - Onsite Interviews
Participants are required to apply online for the school crossing guard position and attend the informational session prior to the onsite interviews.
School crossing guards escort school children, en route to and from school, safely across various streets and intersections.
- Salary is $10.61 per hour with paid travel time for location more than 5 miles from employee’s residence
- On-the-job and office training provided
- Work 177 school days per year
- Only work 2 to 3 hours per day; 10 to 15 hours per week, school days only
- Off weekends and holidays
- Off one week at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas and all summer
- Substitute school guards work various locations throughout Garland
- Wonderful opportunity if you love to interact with kids
To view the minimum qualifications and the complete job description, and to apply online, visit Careers.GarlandTX.gov.