Digital citizenship guidelines for families
Media balance & well-being
- Follow recommended times from lesson plans, contact the teacher if learning is extending beyond the recommended time.
Privacy & security
In this time of fully online learning, it is important to keep your identity safe online.
- Also, be mindful of logging out of district systems, such as Skyward, Google Classroom, and Seesaw, when using a shared computer.
- Keep your device secure.
Digital footprint & identity
- Share your homeschool wins/successes using the #GISDAlwaysConnected
Relationships & communication
- Keep consistent communication avenues with teachers through GISD email and Seesaw (K-2).
Cyberbullying, digital drama, & hate speech
K-12 “We are kind and courageous.”
- Follow GISD guidelines as listed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- GISD Bullying and Cyberbullying Policy
News & media literacy
- Review information sent to you by an organization you are connected with. This can include:
- Emails from your employer, your child’s school, or even a college/university that you attend.
- Websites such as the GISD webpage dedicated for COVID-19 updates and resources.
- Accessing information from these resources will help you be aware of updates that affect your workplace and/or child’s schooling.