Digital eLearning Facilitator
Design, develop, and maintain content for virtual and face-to-face learning environments to support district technology integration goals. The digital eLearning facilitator utilizes technical and instructional knowledge to support the creation of a district-wide knowledge base for the meaningful utilization of technology tools in classrooms and learning environments. The eLearning facilitator understands the use of digital platforms for learning, designs, facilitates and measures programs, as well as applies technical knowledge and skills to maintain, upload and back-up server-stored SCORM-compliant virtual learning objects. The eLearning facilitator helps design systems of learning through H.S. 1:1 Ready Coaches to support the Ready 1:1 device program. Additionally, the eLearning facilitator collaborates with, and advises administrators, regarding the design of staff development programs, develops training materials, coaches employees, and assesses the impact of training sessions on the implementation of technologies in the district.
Master’s degree in learning technologies, education or related field
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Valid Texas administrator/principal certification a plus
Five (5) years’ experience as a K-12 educator
Designing and facilitating learning experiences
Designing and creating blended learning experiences
Managing back-end configurations of open source architecture technology-based learning systems,
including hardware and software configurations, on a variety of platforms and devices
Knowledge of professional practices and developments, educational technologies, and research
Knowledge of strategies and materials for the education of adult learners
Ability to apply technical skills to create, upload and maintain SCORM-compliant course package learning objects with restrictive actions in HTML5 versions 1.2 and 2.0
Knowledge to manage activities and plugins configurations, as well as tracking open-source LMS resources based on Moodle architecture
Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data utilizing advanced scripts and query functions to report findings related to the support of district-wide technology integration plans
Ability to collaborate and interact with a variety of stakeholders to support the implementation of learning technologies in the district
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Collaborates with administrators, teachers, and other department members to determine current and future digital learning needs.
- Keeps abreast of developments and research in the field of educational technology, instructional best practices, and organizational development.
- Collaborates to design and implement engaging inquiry-based digital learning experiences on a multitude of platforms, including but not limited to G-Suite, Windows, Apple, and Web 2.0 tools
- Establishes learning objectives and protocols for digital learning virtual and face-to-face sessions, and develops training plans and timelines.
- Determines the most appropriate digital instructional methods; on-demand video based training, self-paced learning via a learning management system, and live training from a webinar platform.
- Administers Educampus/Moodle LMS resources, end-user’s configurations, and virtual courses based on implementation and production cycles.
- Uploads, updates and configures packages versions 1.2 and 2.0 based on Shareable Content Object Reference Model technical standards (SCORM).
- Designs, creates, uploads and maintains high level interactive virtual content based on on-demand requirements with traceable end-user actions developed in a variety of software packages including but not limited to, Articulate 360, Storyline, and Rise.
- Programs multimedia resources within the virtual learning open source-based environment as mandatory content based on conditional release parameters.
- Understands server architecture to access, verify, and download system backups and configurations,
- Manages virtual learning instances to maintain, and upgrade platform versions on an annual basis.
- Maintains URL dynamic access for variety of learning objects under the Moodle platform to facilitate the navigation of virtual learning resources by end-users.
- Reviews technical guidelines, requirements and system configurations in collaboration with other technology department staff to map strategic timelines and processes for the deployment of digital hardware and software assets while ensuring platform compatibility.
- Curates and develops appropriate training materials such as handouts, quick start guides, demonstration devices, multimedia and visual aids.
- Markets upcoming digital learning initiatives and activities to encourage participation.
- Schedules digital training sessions, develops registration procedures, maintains the district learning management system, and coordinates other practical elements involved with planning face-to-face and virtual digital learning opportunities.
- Designs and facilitates digital staff development sessions to different levels of employees covering specific areas such as leadership development, instructional best practices, and professional learning initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to other district departments and schools to support instructional leaders on campuses with developing digital learning programs, bot face-to-face and virtually.
- Serves as a resource to teachers, administrators, and other staff to identify and access professional literature, training materials, and learning opportunities.
- Assists the Director of Instructional Technology and Digital Learning Coordinator with the overall operations of the department’s programs and services.
Budget and Inventory
- Understands and collaborates to support systems for effective technology deployments.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Analyzes training agendas, training schedules, and evaluations to improve digital learning.
- Maintains records in learning management systems for professional and/or paraprofessional credit classes.
- Performs forecasts, monitors program progress and prepares periodic status reports that identify digital learning needs.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.