Director Budget and Position Control
Direct and coordinate position control/administration, and district budget operations as it relates to the planning, development and implementation of policies, programs, and practices in support of the overall district. Provide counsel and assistance to the Executive Budget Director, CFO, Superintendent, Board of Trustees and executive staff members and other divisions through the district.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years Oracle eBusiness Suite, R12 experience resources
- Knowledge of the Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability System Resource Guide (FASRG) and Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS)
- Experience in public school finance and an understanding of budgeting and finance TASBO certified.
Position Control Experience:
- Experience in position inventory control
- Up to three (3) years’ supervisory experience
- Experience with electronic time management
- Five (5) years of budget, governmental accounting and/or finance
- Ability to use multiple software modules to develop spreadsheets, databases, and reports
- Knowledge of general compensation including compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret data
- Strong public relations and organizational skills
- Effective oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Direct and maintain the position control data system in an accurate and efficient manner and account for 7,500 plus positions.
- Enter, update, and maintain accurate position data to include assignments, reassignments, salary changes, and separations.
- Monitor and report on al FTE, vacancies, and pooled positions.
- Direct management, deployment and maintenance of the time management hardware and software module (KRONOS).
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of employee and manager profiles for FLSA compliance.
- Classify positions according to PEIMS guidelines.
- Direct and manage supplemental pay transactions KRONOS and Oracle to provide accurate and compliant payment to employees.
- Develop and administer district-wide training on job requisitions (REQ’s) and personnel action requests (PAR’s) and workforce management and time keeping for supplemental payments.
- Monitor and communicate position/staffing cost impact and determine appropriate expenditure/funding costing accounts consistent with the FASRG and reporting to PEIMS.
- Monitor and understand budget impact/constraints and use best fiscal practices to maximize efficiency.
- Assist in the development of long and short range objectives for the business operations of the district.
- Assist in the budget development process including board presentations and development of annual budget book.
- Evaluate system procedures and controls and identify design, implementation and maintenance improvements.
- Review and monitor PEIMS submission data and coordinate/create reports for executive staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and maintain procedures and policies for position control and budget departments.
- Provide customer support to all campus and department staff.
- Coordinate and assist with department trainings during budget development and throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist with the monitoring of budget allocations and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and within budget limits.
- Revie and analyze supporting information needed to update the state funding template.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate Kronos Team.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.