Director Curtis Culwell Center
Manage all operations of the facility in an effective and efficient manner. Directing external marketing and rental of facilities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, public relations, public administration, sports management, or closely related field, required.
Minimum of five (5) years progressive, responsible experience in the management, operation, marketing and maintenance of public sector convention facilities, performing arts centers, or other arena venue facilities.
- Strong management skills including a thorough knowledge of financial management, administration, budgeting, profit/loss analysis, contract negotiations, personnel, including policy and procedure formulation
- Proven customer service interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate effectively with institutional personnel and the public
- Ability to work schedule to coincide with events, as needed
- Working knowledge of conventions, sports, and/or trade shows industries and their requirements
- Working knowledge of concessions and concessionaire management
Major responsibilities and duties
- Development of policies and procedures related to the operation of the facility.
- Development and administration of budget for the facility.
- Management of personnel including hiring, supervision, and termination.
- Financial management of the facility.
- Negotiation and management of contracts related to the facility.
- Create and develop a strategic plan that advances the financial sustainability of the facility.
- Supervise and coordinate concession sales with concessionaire.
- Maintain appropriate licenses for the facility and concessions.
- Ability to increase facility rentals with added license.
- Ability to add and coordinate concerts into the facility.
- Maintenance of the physical aspects of the facility.
- Collaboration with school district personnel in use of the facility.
- Coordinate of events at the facility.
- Marketing and promotion of the facility to external entities.
- Administration of the clerical functions of the facility.
- Communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students. Parents, staff and community.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exerts a positive influence and works in harmony with associates.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Is punctual.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Garland ISD.
- Follows district policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Curtis Culwell Center staff, Concessions & Concessionaire staff, Security and police staff during events, Parking and Parking Staff during events.
- Supervises administrative technology support team; develop project specific work plans and supervise various internal and external teams; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.