Director of Facilities Planning and Construction Services
Coordinate all construction activities dealing with the Districts’ Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and provide oversight to Bond related projects, current and future. Oversee construction activities including but not limited to planning, design, and construction assuring that the technical design guidelines are followed through to close out. Effectively manage environmental compliance efforts as required by local, state, and federal regulatory agencies as related to facility planning and construction operations.
Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent (minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related field)
Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) License Asbestos Management Planner and Texas Department of Licensing (TDLR) Mold Assessor Technician or the ability to obtain such license within six months of employment
Valid Texas drivers’ license with good driving record
Five (5) years’ experience in construction project management, capital improvement planning, general maintenance construction, contract administration, procurement of construction services and environmental regulation related to asbestos and mold within a K-12 educational setting
Effective planning and organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous construction projects
Management of construction schedules and budget
Must possess experience with abatement and mold remediation
Major responsibilities and duties
- Manage and coordinate the construction activities of all contractors working for Facilities, prepare required plans, specifications, and Board related documents in support of the Facilities Department Capital Improvement Program.
- Work with Executive Director of Facilities and Maintenance, Architects and Purchasing Department to develop RFP and RFQ specifications.
- Develop and oversee construction contracts with assistance from Purchasing Budget Specialist. Initiate and approve contracts and requisitions for the submittal to Executive Director of Facilities and Maintenance.
- Review and write specifications for goods and services, ensuring compliance of district construction standards and state and federal code requirements.
- Assist with preparing and administering the capital improvement budget, analyze and review budgetary and financial data, and monitor and authorize expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Accomplish construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Ensure construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing changed orders.
- Coordinate all Environmental projects as they relate to implementation of Capital Improvement Plan and Facilities construction projects, including Bond related projects.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Prepare required plans, specifications, and Board related documents in support of the GISD School Facilities Capital Improvement Program.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Environmental Supervisor
- Construction Project Manager(s)
- Support Staff
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.