Director of Instructional Technology
Direct and manage the district’s instructional technology and digital learning program. Develop and implement districtwide technology-based staff development and training programs to facilitate the effective use of technology tools in instructional programs. Contribute to the development of short and long range plans for the integration of technology into the instructional program.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Master’s degree preferred
Five (5) years teaching experience
Five (5) years’ experience working with instructional software
Knowledge of instructional software applications
Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Ability to develop and deliver technology training to adult learners
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive staff development plan for the use of instructional technology in the classroom.
- Provide staff development to teachers and administrators in the use of teaching techniques that incorporate technology in the delivery of existing curriculum.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to principals and other district personnel in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of effective instructional technology throughout the district.
- Work cooperatively with other curriculum development staff to smoothly and effectively integrate technology into the instructional curriculum.
- Coordinate the writing of curriculum for technology-based programs.
- Develop and implement a continuing evaluation of the instructional technology program and implement changes based on the findings.
Budget and Inventory
- Compile cost estimates used in the budgeting process and administer the instructional technology budget ensuring that program is cost-effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Coordinate the selection of instructional technology equipment and software. Maintain a database of all instructional software and licensing in the district.
- Provide expertise in developing bids for purchase, distribution, maintenance, and installation of hardware, software, and other technological equipment and materials used for the instructional programs.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding technology issues.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate instructional technology staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of the Digital Learning Coordinator, Digital Learning Facilitators, and Campus Ready 1:1 Coaches.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.