Director of Intervention
To provide the leadership to successfully implement district’s response to intervention program in order to serve the academic needs of all students to increase student performance and achievement. Monitor, communicate, and respond to local, state, and federal laws and requirements regarding response to intervention systems
Master’s degree in education administration or related field
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Valid Texas Administrator Certification or other appropriate certifications
Minimum of five (5) years as a successful campus/central office administrator
Knowledge of response to interventions systems and programs
Knowledge of strategies for intervention instruction
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Works with campus administration to plan, implement, and evaluate the campus intervention program
- Provides intervention training to campuses and at district level utilizing researched, proven best practices.
- Uses research findings, assessment data, and district studies to improve outcomes of the teaching/learning process.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and organizing the schools’ master schedules so that all students receive appropriate instruction and intervention.
- Provides input when purchasing the most appropriate universal screeners, online intervention programs, etc., bases on research and acceptable results.
- Supports technology integration into classroom and campus intervention programming.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supports efforts of principals and teachers to achieve district goals as measured by the Texas Academic Performance Standards in order to achieve overall performance.
- Systematically monitors effectiveness of intervention programs by observations and analysis of campus and district student test data.
- Works cooperatively with other district staff in developing the mission and articulating the vision of the district’s intervention program.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required
- Develop and administer the department of intervention budget based on documented program needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Prepare, review, and revise job descriptions for the intervention department.
- Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Select, train, evaluated, and supervise staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.
- Communicate to district staff, parents, students, and community members in a manner that conveys respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy, and intervention programming to the community and solicit its support in realizing district’s mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of district-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Foster rapport between the district and the community through positive involvement in civic activities.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of the following Intervention Department staff: Intervention Coordinator, Secondary Intervention Trainer, Elementary Intervention Trainers, Elementary Instructional Support Teachers, Elementary Interventionists
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.