District Community Liaison to the Hispanic Community
Under general supervision, formulate methods and procedures for effectively involving the home, school
Three (3) years prior experience as an administrator on a public school campus and/or in a Central office position with community based knowledge
Knowledge of federal and special program rules and regulations
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement programs and activities to increase family and community engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate a series of family and community activities and programs to increase an understanding of school partnerships.
- Assist in the recruitment of community resources; i.e. local businesses, corporations, and organizations.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of community volunteers.
- Promote family and community engagement initiatives that foster a positive multicultural environment.
- Serve as a resource for school related organizations, including Parent Teacher Association, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and school partnerships.
- Work with appropriate community agencies to alleviate problems adversely affecting student attendance and learning.
- Work with the Student Services department to effectively address student, parent, and community concerns that are not directly related to discipline, including choice of school, enrollment, communication, etc.
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums including face-to-face and community meetings and online forums.
- Expose students to and inform parents of district and community activities, i.e., cultural events, the arts, college and career awareness activities, educational events, etc.
- Produce and disseminate materials and formation pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to its various publics.
- Establish partnerships with community and business volunteers and disseminate information to campuses about potential community and business partners/volunteers.
- Conduct district/campus professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff/volunteer/partner relationships.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Family and Community Engagement Director.
- Supervises secretary to community liaisons.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.