District Family Engagement Counselor
Under general supervision, formulate methods and procedures for effectively involving the home, school, and community in the achievement of influencing the progress and achievement of students through the use of District and community resources to support district and campus level Title III Part A family/school involvement, parent literacy and outreach efforts.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Three years of documented school and/or community based experience
Demonstrated skills and knowledge of methods and procedures for effectively involving home, school, and community in meeting the education needs of children and youth
Demonstrated knowledge of business and community guidelines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement a plan to increase family and community engagement and to increase awareness of counseling resources
- Develop and facilitate a series of family and parent training sessions and programs in an attempt to increase family and parental engagement.
- Research current studies on parental engagement/counseling resources, identify best practices and develop a toolkit for educators of best practices and parent engagement materials.
- Consult with principals and school leadership to provide assistance in accessing counseling resources for academic success.
- Consult with principals and school leadership to facilitate college awareness activities for parents.
- Collect and analyze family and community engagement data to adjust and refine programs/services; prepare documents, summaries, management reports, and implementation plans as requested.
- Assist in the development of a district-wide Parent Engagement Training catalog.
- Support district and campus level Title III, Part A family/school involvement and outreach efforts.
- Serve as a resource for school related organizations, including Parent Teacher Association, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and family engagement.
- Serve as a mentor to students, conduct home visits, and assist parent groups.
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums including face-to-face and community meetings and online forums.
- Produce and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to its various publics in multiple formats.
- Conduct district/campus professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff/volunteer/partner relationships and engagement.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Family and Community Engagement Director.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.