District Parent Educator
Under general supervision, formulate methods and procedures for effectively involving the home, school, and community in the achievement of influencing the progress and achievement of students through the use of District and community resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Three years of documented school and/or community based experience
Demonstrated skills and knowledge of methods and procedures for effectively involving home, school, and community in meeting the education needs of children and youth.
Demonstrated knowledge of business and community guidelines.
Major responsibilities and duties
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate assigned parent and family literacy programs and assist in identifying and recruiting families for those programs.
- Facilitate a series of family and parent training sessions and programs in an attempt to increase family and parental engagement.
- Research current studies and programs in the area of parent education.
- Consult with principals and school leadership to facilitate implementation of parent education programs promoting student achievement and parent engagement.
- Schedule and conduct home visits to deliver parent education training that enhances the parental role.
- Collect and analyze program data to adjust and refine programs/services; prepare documents, summaries, management reports, and implementation plans as requested.
- Distribute materials as needed to participant homes and records disbursements.
- Serve as a resource for school related organizations, including Parent Teacher Association, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to district staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and family engagement.
- Serve as a mentor to students, conduct home visits, and assist parent groups.
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums including face-to-face and community meeting and online forums.
- Produce and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to its various publics in multiple formats.
- Conduct district/campus professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff/volunteer/partner relationships and engagement.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Family and Community Engagement Director.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.