The primary responsibility of the Dyslexia Evaluator is to coordinate, organize, and implement the district’s dyslexia program across the district.
Mid-Management Administrative certification or administrative certification
Valid Texas teacher’s certificate
Minimum of three (3) years successful experience as s classroom teacher
Classroom experience as dyslexia teacher preferred
Demonstrates working knowledge of instruction methods for student with dyslexia
Specific knowledge of collecting and analyzing student data pertaining to achievement and effective teaching practices
Ability to plan and conduct staff development with a focus on Dyslexia and Reading Development
Ability to provide input in a positive manner
Understanding of RTI and the problem-solving process and intervention model
Knowledge of legal and procedural requirements for serving 504 and Dyslexia students
Knowledge of Universal Screeners and Diagnostic Screeners
Knowledge of Normed Referenced Assessments, Standard Scores, and Interpretation
Major responsibilities and duties
- Executes and coordinates the district’s K-12 dyslexia programs.
- Evaluates the dyslexia program and recommends changes as needed.
- Assists staff in working with the dyslexia program.
- Works with K-12 principals to improve instruction of dyslexic students on their campus.
- Assist in the professional development of teachers through sharing of research based best practices/
- Provides program evaluation, staff development, and instruction through sharing of research based best practices.
- Creates and maintains master schedule for all students in the dyslexia program across the district.
- Provides individualized assessments for dyslexia through 504 for dyslexia.
- Attends 504 and ARD meetings as dyslexia representative.
- Supervises dyslexia therapists and paraprofessionals who implement the dyslexia programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises Dyslexia Therapists and Dyslexia Paraprofessionals.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.