Elected officials and dignitary protocol
When hosting an event that will include elected officials and/or dignitaries, it is helpful to know and follow the customary etiquette and protocols extended to those individuals.
Please implement the introduction protocol described below when hosting an event that will include elected officials, dignitaries or our Board of Trustees.
Special guests are to be recognized and introduced by name and title. Use the following etiquette/order:
- Federal elected officials or their representatives
- State elected officials or their representatives
- Local elected officials or their representatives
- Board of Trustees by rank: president, vice president, secretary, assistant secretary, and other Trustees
- District leadership by rank: chief officers, associate superintendents, assistant superintendents, executive directors, directors, coordinators, facilitators
- Other special invited guests