Energy Analysis Specialist
Responsible for the planning, regulating and monitoring of energy use for all district-wide schools and facilities. The Energy Analysis Specialist strives to improve energy efficiency through careful evaluation of each site’s energy use and the implementation of energy-saving measures.
High School diploma
Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Associate degree with strong focus on mathematics, engineering or computer studies
Accredited Texas Energy Manager (ATEM), or must obtain within 1 year of hire date
Two (2) years of experience in energy related field, required
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience with energy management systems and tracking energy consumption
Experience with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint or other database
Major responsibilities and duties
- Under supervision, perform energy audit of buildings to ensure proper functioning of mechanical equipment and track building usage patterns
- Under supervision, monitor and operate Energy Management System
- Track and analyze energy consumption for every building
- Enter utility bills in Utility Management Application
- Generate reports on energy usage and utility budget impact
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.