Energy Management Assistant
Responsible for implementing energy and sustainability programs throughout the district. Coordinate and maintain functional energy management system. Develop and coordinate energy and water conservation audit program. Maintain overall utility management program.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree with equivalent work experience
Accredited Texas Energy Manager (ATEM) or Certified Energy Manager’s Certification is preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Minimum five (5) years of experience in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge of energy management program development, performance contracting, renewable energy procurement and installation
Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical plans and specification for building facilities
Knowledge of basic types of automatic controls and systems instrumentation
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Assist Energy Manager in integrating Energy Management Program goals with district operations maintenance staff.
- Assist in implementing and monitoring the Energy Management Program.
- Assist Energy Manager in the development of the Energy Star Program.
- Manage district-wide Waste Disposal and Recycle Program
- Acts as district liaison to provide optimum facility comfort.
- Conduct energy conservation studies, develops preliminary plans and prepare schedule cost estimates for proposed facility improvements.
- Conduct periodic inspections of facilities to ensure proper energy consumption.
- Works with administrators, students, parents, and community on energy awareness program.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise Energy Analyst
- Supervise Utility Management Data Technician
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.