Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Technical Analyst
The Technical Analyst supports the goals of the organization by providing support and management over the technical aspects of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) initiatives. The analyst translates business requirements using knowledge of technology and systems, contributing to the digital transformation of document-driven processes.
High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other directly related field, preferred
Minimum three (3) years enterprise information systems or systems design/development environments with degree, five (5) years with equivalent, required
Minimum three (3) years hands-on technical experience in a K-12 related field, including ECM tools and processes, preferred
Knowledge and experience in the Texas K-12 Public Education System
Participates in business process reviews and fit/gap analyses, particularly from a technical aspect
Experience with translating business requirement and developing technical designs
Experience with ECM, Document Management, Records Management, Business Process Applications, and/or Collaboration solutions with demonstrable experience of business case preparation and technical solution implementation
Knowledge of Information Governance topics such as Information lifecycle Management and Information Archiving
Strong self-direction and ability to architect technical solutions with minimal guidance or supervision
Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
Experience in at least one of the following ECM/CSP platforms; Alfresco, Box, Documentum, Hyland, IBM, Laserfiche, M-Files, Microsoft, Nuexo, OpenText, Oracle
Experience with EROP, SIS and other enterprise systems, Oracle ERP and Skyward SIS preferred
Skilled at organizing and analyzing data and business processes, via forms, workflows and reports across multiple business functions
Experience with process mapping tools such as MS Visio is preferred
Knowledge of various software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, Agile a plus
Knowledge of systems integration and database management system concepts
Experience with relational database concepts and the ability to assimilate information from different systems for integration and reporting purposes
Major responsibilities and duties
- Assume role of technical lead in the installation, implementation, and maintenance of ECM applications and other business technologies.
- Use ECM APls to extend and integrate ECM with other in-house systems and databases such as Oracle ERP, Skyward SIS, and more
- Hands on configuration of ECM system, including repository, rules, forms, workflows, reports, dashboards, and security
- Work closely with District stakeholders to streamline business processes and solve operational issues through the use of ECM Workflow technology and process redesign.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Participate in workshops and interviews to elicit business requirements and define business cases.
- Gather, analyze, understand, document, and communicate requirements across cross-functional project teams.
- Create and maintain documentation including functional and technical design specifications.
- Participate in the design, build and implementation of Document Management solutions to address business requirements and bridge the gap between “business problems” and “technology solutions”.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on design/delivery of end-user training for appropriated applications.
- Provide post-production support for all deployed business processes applications, troubleshoot and resolve applications issues encountered by end-users, work with ECM vendor to resolve product/application related issues.
- Participate in the planning and execution of QU/UAT testing of upgrades, new releases, forms, workflows, reports, and dashboards before deploying to the production environment.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Continually work to improve customer services perception, delivery and satisfaction, driving a performance based culture.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement of technology deployments ad day-to-day work flow.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.