Evening Study Center
Our Evening Study Centers offer educational classes for parents that want to learn how to speak, read and write in English. The goal of the Evening Study Center is to help parents comprehend what they read and hear in English, so that they can be more involved in their child's education.
Opening up a world of possibilities!
The fall semester will start October 7, 2019. Classes are every Monday and Wednesday evening from 6:15-7:45 p.m.
- See class schedule below.
Where is the Evening Study Center?
We currently have two schools with an Evening Study Center. The 2019-20 hosting schools are:
What is the fee to attend?
Classes are free. Parents only have to pay the cost to cover two books and a computer program access fee that will be used for the class.
Who can register?
All parents of Garland ISD students are welcome to register.
How do I register?
Come to one of our registration evenings at the school closest to your home address.
- You will need to bring your child’s identification number (lunch number).
- You will be required to do a placement test.
- Spaces are limited.
- Spaces will be granted on a first come first served basis, and according to the availability of spaces in the level you are placed.
- Placement decisions will be communicated via phone. Participants who register at Daugherty Elementary will recieve a call on Oct. 2, from 5-7 p.m. and those who register at Bradfield will receive a call on Oct. 3, from 5-7 p.m.
- Returning students do not need to take a placement test.
- For new students, the registration process takes about 2 hours.
Registration at Daugherty Elementary
September 23, 2019
Registration at Bradfield Elementary
September 25, 2019
What kind of childcare is provided?
Certified teachers extend the learning of students during Evening Study Center hours. We offer enrichment and pre-literacy classes for students in grades PreK-2, and extra STAAR support for students in grades 3-6 while you attend your class.